The pain, swelling, and discomfort that come after wisdom teeth removal is a natural part of the healing process. Wisdom teeth, also known as third molars, are the final set of molars. Removal of these teeth is usually due to improper rooting and lack of space for their eruption. On the other hand, to have a healthy and beautiful smile, there is no need to keep them. If the wisdom teeth do not grow properly, they can damage the other parts of the mouth. Usually, they develop between the ages of 16 and 20. There may not be enough space in the mouth for them to grow. Therefore, it leads to crowding of the teeth, and this condition causes infection, pain, and tissue damage. For more information about wisdom teeth removal, visit this website.
It is recommended that people examine their teeth for wisdom teeth before the age of 20. The surgical procedure and wisdom tooth extraction are usually performed under local anesthesia, so the patient does not feel any pain or discomfort. But pain and discomfort may occur after surgery, and this is when the effect of the anesthetic disappears. Just after the wisdom teeth removal is finished, the recovery period begins.
Recipes after Wisdom Teeth Removal
– Bite on a sterile gauze on the operated area for up to 4 hours.
– Then slowly remove it, rinse your mouth with cold water, and drink cold juice or ice cream.
– Try to talk less, especially in the first 4 hours after surgery.
– It is possible to leak a little blood from the area for up to two days, making the saliva red.
– From now on, avoid drinking with a straw and spitting for two days.
– From now on, avoid doing heavy work for two days and lowering your head.
– From now on, avoid consuming hot foods or drinks for two days.
– From now on, do not exercise. Exercising and going to the swimming pool or sauna for up to two days should be avoided.
– From now on, do not smoke for two days.
– Try not to touch the surgical site with your tongue, and do not touch the stitches.
– Be sure to eat nutritious meals, as well as drink plenty of fluids.
– It is better to eat soft food and not to use chips, nuts, and similar ingredients.
– If you feel that the stitches are open, there will be no problem.
– Elevate your head while sleeping.
– Oral hygiene is very important in the first week after surgery.
– From tomorrow, brush your entire mouth except for the operated area.
– Do not brush your teeth tonight and rinse your mouth with a serum before going to bed.
– Start using Chlorhexidine and Benzidamine mouthwash every eight hours from tomorrow.
– You can gently wash the operated area with a syringe containing chlorhexidine mouthwash.
– Take your medication according to the instructions on time.
– Put the ice pack on your face for ten minutes.
– From tomorrow, apply a warm, moist compress on your face for 20 minutes and a time interval of 20 minutes
– The face can swell and turn blue, which can be removed using a warm compress.
– There is a possibility that the opening of the mouth will be restricted, which can be resolved.